|Hi, I'm Jay French
PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY A powerful freehand illustrator with solid technical
knowledge, excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of professionalism. Specializing in the human figure with focus
on portraiture and caricature, but including a vast range of methods, including: Mural painting, computer graphics, layout
and design, logos, architectural drawing, cartooning and more. (MEDIUMS/SUBJECTS)
SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS / EXPERIENCE
- 22+ years of freelance graphic
- 300+ company contractors including such major corporations as: Dell Computer, McDonalds Corporation,
State Farm Insurance, and Time Warner Cable.
- 12+ years experience as a staff artist/designer.
- Wide variety of design format experience, including: brochures/mailers,
newspaper advertisements, product packaging, signage, decorations/kiosk displays, business cards, invitations, mastheads/letterheads,
software icons, event programs, menus, playing cards and art exhibits.
- Efficient deadline management such as same day
event fulfillment, weekly printing schedules and late-notice contracts.
- Strong communication skills with clients, management,
printers, sales personnel, creative directors, and event planners.
- Thorough knowledge of graphics software including
Photoshop, Corel Painter, Freehand, Illustrator, Pagemaker, Quark XPress, GifBuilder, Typestyler and html.
- Strong knowledge of pre-press, 2-color and 4-color processing, and electronic file transference.
PUBLICATIONS / MEMBERSHIPS
- Cover illustration for Triathlon For Girls Like Us athletic training manual - 2010.
- Greeting card illustrations for Zories Only, Inc. in the U.S. territory of Guam - 2009 & 2010.
- Illustrator of 80 pieces for Shard: A Game in the World of Dardunah desktop RPG game book - 2009.
- Cover illustration for Free To Eat nutrition guide - 2009.
- Web publication of 80+ short Art Instruction Videos for eHow.com and Expert Village - 2008.
- Illustrator for Little Mike & Maddie children's book series by Crumb Gobbler Press - 2007.
- Art Direction of Metro Atlanta's Welcome Book tourist phone directory -2006 & 2007.
- Cover art and interior illustrations for Shark Bait and The Icky, Sticky Bug Book by My Art Starz - 2006.
- Cover art for Brainy Baby™ ParentSmart™ book series -2006.
- Display advertisement for Super Suppers in Entrepreneur Magazine -2005.
- Illustrator of Dog Ears, monthly cartoon in Austin Pet Directory 2004-present. Featured vendor interview, September 2004.
- Display advertisement design work published weekly in American Classifieds of Austin from 1995 to 2005.
- Complete Graphic Design of Anderson Trojan Baseball Program, 2002-2005.
- Ebony Deities, fiction novel, illustrations and cover art -2004.
- Display advertisements for @ Home in Austin published in The Lonestar Directory and G&L Rainbow pages- 2002-2004.
- Creator, writer and illustrator of Steel Rain, graphic novel. Reviewed favorably in The Austin Chronicle -1999.
- Instructor and cover designer for LBJ High School Comic-Book Creation Class project book (No. 1) -1997.
- Member of SouthWest Comic Art! Society. for over 4 years. Staff artist for society newsletter.
- Member of National Caricaturist Network for over 4 years.
- Comic-Art Show exhibitor and exhibit designer at The Laff Stop (now Capitol City Comedy Club) 1994-1995.